Friday, November 18, 2011

The first blog post

It is 6:21 a.m. on Friday, November 25th, 2011, and I think it's high time I introduce myself to the world.

My name is Daniel Rider, and I am a writer. I'd like to point out that "Rider" is actually my name and not just some cheesy pun on the word "writer." That would be silly, whereas now the last name, being indeed mine, could be called fortuitous, gratifying, even poignant.

The end of 2011 finds me at a crossroads of sorts. I've got all kinds of cool things brewing--a children's book, my first published novel coming out in July, two stories to appear in an upcoming anthology--and this is all great, but the problem with any crossroads, of course, is the fact that a road must be crossed. Road-crossing takes time and there's all kinds of problematic outcomes to said activity: one might be hit by a car, one might cross over and not like where one ended up and even stare across at another part of the crossroads and wish that he had gone there, and one might even trip and sprain an ankle in which case, no matter how great the destination may ultimately be, it will always be enjoyed with a certain amount of discomfort.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm looking forward to finishing up this year and really getting going in 2012. I have so much to share with you--as soon as I cross this six-week road!

No comments:

Post a Comment