Sunday, November 20, 2011

Packing and Writing

At the moment, I'm feeling very much like a college student.

First off, I am totally rushing to meet a deadline. I've got two great stories that will be appearing in a sci-fi/fantasy anthology next month; all they need is to be completed and revised in the next eleven days. That wouldn't necessarily be that difficult, but...

Second off, I am living in a house that is very sparse in terms of furniture. Obviously, there's the laptop, which I'm using now, but my wife and I are rather quickly getting rid of a lot of our possessions. Why? Because we're moving to Washington at the beginning of December. This is a great move. I'm from Washington, and I've always considered myself a Washington writer, but relocating our lives from Atlanta to Seattle in less than a month is a challenge.

Third, I had pizza yesterday. A lot of it. And I loved it. It's the perfect stress food, and having just completed a four-hour garage sale, I needed stress food. I'm just happy that Congress agreed that pizza was a vegetable and therefore good for me. I had no idea I was being so health conscious all those late nights at Washington State University. Now if they could just declare beer a vegetable (hey, hops! barley! wheat!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment